This class filled up so quickly, we have added another one on 1/27 at 1:30-3:30 pm. To Register just call ABoR at 512.454.7636.
The Hay Legal Group PLLC is now listed among Independence Title Company’s escrow agents for the new Zoccam mobile app.
Zoccam offers agents the ability to safely and securely send the contract and earnest money from anywhere.
- Zoccam Saves Time – send the contract and earnest money from anywhere at any time, without driving all over town.
- Zoccam Is Easy – capture the check image in seconds from your phone or tablet and receive immediate email notification letting you know the earnest money was delivered.
- Zoccam Is Secure – the check is encrypted from capture to delivery. There is no financial information or check image kept on your phone.
Just download the app for iPhones or Android phones and begin working smarter, not harder.
After downloading the app and registering, you select escrow officers. Just choose one of The Hay Legal Group offices from the Independence Title list, as pictured below. BE SURE THE CHECK IS MADE PAYABLE TO INDEPENDENCE TITLE COMPANY.
And now there is a NEW Zoccam Feature which allows a Realtor to invite their buyer (who is out of town or unavailable) to use Zoccam to take an image of the earnest money check and submit the order.
How do Realtors get it? This feature is in the newest update for both iPhone and Android devices. Realtors will want to make sure the current version being used is 2.2.1. Depending on their phone settings, this update may be automatic or they may have to manually go to the App store or Google Play to download.
They can confirm they have the update by going to the menu in the app and choosing “About”. Here they will see the Production version at the bottom of the screen. Also, if they are on the home screen, they will know that they have the newest version as they will now see an additional option to choose “Enter ZCode” above the “Send Earnest Money” option.
How does it work?
- The Realtor will choose “Send Earnest Money,” enter in all the order information as usual and attach the contract (attaching contract is still optional).
- The Realtor must enter the buyer’s email address as this is how the buyer will receive the invite and code.
- Once contract information is entered, instead of moving on to take the image of the check, the Realtor will choose “Buyer Capture” as opposed to “Check Capture” and is asked to enter the buyer’s mobile phone number and send. This sends the buyer an email invite with the ZCode and a link with instructions on the process.
- Data and contract are held in a queue and are not sent until the buyer takes an image of the Earnest Money and completes the process.
- The buyer opens the email and is instructed to download the app.
- They register by entering their mobile phone number in place of the license number. They do not need to enter any other information.
- The buyer receives a four-digit code via text, will enter the code and create a PIN.
- Next choose “Enter ZCode” and enter the ZCode from the email.
- They are taken to the contract detail screen which contains the information already entered by the Realtor.
- The buyer will take an image of the check-front and back, confirm the information and send the order.
- Note: This is for a one-time use only.
- All parties receive their email confirmation as they do today and the transaction is now complete.
So Zoccam is now easier than ever for both the buyer and Realtor.
Drive Success Not Checks!
Join us for our Summer Soiree open house of our new downtown office at W.5th and Rio Grande, Tuesday, June 21 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Please RSVP to Karen@haylegal.com. Valet Parking will be provided, too!
For the third year in a row, John A. Hay III, Founder and Managing Partner of The Hay Legal Group PLLC, has been selected to the 2016 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star list.
Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
All attorneys first go through the Super Lawyers selection process. Those who are not selected to the Super Lawyers list, but who meet either one of the Rising Stars eligibility requirements, then go through the Rising Stars selection process. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
Our office is all decked for the holidays. So stop by the historic Pierre Bremond House at 402 West 7th street for your holiday pictures and enjoy the beautiful light display.
When laid end to end, these would equal more than a mile of lights! Our best wishes to you and yours for a happy, safe and joyous holiday season.
CFPB: INTEGRATED DISCLOSURE FINAL RULE
John Segrest of Old Republic National Title Insurance Company today presented an overview of the rule and upcoming changes, at The Hay Legal Group’s newest North Austin office. Special thanks to John Burnam and Shiloh Glaze from Legacy Mutual Mortgage for sponsoring the class.
The Hay Legal Group PLLC today was named a finalist in the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce FAVE Awards, Small Business Category. The FAVE Awards represent the young professional community’s Favorite Austin Ventures or Enterprises.
Once nominated, the public had the opportunity to vote on the finalists of their choice in 18 different categories through September 18, 2015.
Winners will be revealed at the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce 6th Annual FAVE Awards, November 13, 2015 in the Radisson Hotel & Suites’ Riverside Ballroom. Click for more information about the event and sponsorship opportunities.
“We are delighted to be nominated for this outstanding award,” said John Hay III, managing partner of the firm. “The AYC provides so many opportunities for the the development of young professionals and leaders of our community.”
The Austin Young Chamber of Commerce has done a great deal to foster professional growth and skill development through exposure to community and business leaders, while gaining a broader perspective on Central Texas business opportunities.
The Hay Legal Group PLLC has been selected as a finalist in the Small Business Division for the Cook-Walden Community Relations Award of the Austin Chamber of Commerce 15th Annual Greater Austin Business Awards.
The winning business in each category, determined by a panel of judges, will be announced during a ceremony at the Hilton Austin on August 27, 2015.
“It is an honor to be recognized by the Chamber for this award,” said John A. Hay III, Managing Partner of The Hay Group. “Community involvement and giving back to the Central Texas region is one foundation of our company, embraced by all employees. From clean up help and food drives for recent flood victims to presenting The Burnt Orange Benefit Tailgate, benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, our company believes in the value of giving back.”
“We are proud to recognize local businesses that stand out and exemplify key Central Texas community values including diversity, innovation and economic stability,” said Phyllis Snodgrass, Chief Operating Officer, Austin Chamber of Commerce. “We are grateful to have the opportunity to highlight all of our finalists and we look forward to celebrating the winners. All of these businesses contribute to making the Austin region a great place to live, work and play.”
In addition, the Chamber plans to announce the winner of this year’s community vote for the Most Uniquely Austin business. The Austin public is invited to participate in the selection of this year’s winner from six nominated companies, through a survey available online.